As a Master of Maori Visual Arts student from Massey University, you will spend most of your time conceiving and making art, in a kaupapa Maori environment.
In the Masters programme, students pursue an individually designed programe of advanced studio practice in Maori or indigenous visual culture related to who they are (whakapapa) as well as their personal strengths and interests. The objective is to realise an individually conceived body of work that allows for the design and/or coordination of an exhibition.
- Tino Rangatiratanga: Strategic Maori Development
- Te Tau-Ihu o te Reo: Advanced Maori Literature
- Maori Research Methodologies
- Taonga Tuku Iho: Heritage Aotearoa
- Collection Management
- Museum Management
- Museums and the Public
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Visual Arts View 26 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in New Zealand
- An undergraduate degree or diploma with substantial background experience in Maori visual arts, and admission to Postgraduate Study.
International19468 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19468 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National4277 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4277 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Domestic students: 6609 NZD
- International students: 30100 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.