The Nursing - Nurse Midwife program begins with a solid foundation in primary care, then builds to include pregnancy care and childbirth followed by newborn care. Clinical experience is integral throughout the program and culminates in a ten week intensive clinical experience.
A range of opportunities are available to students for the intensive clinical experience, including the range of birth sites and international settings.
Midwifery practice at the University of Michigan as conducted by nurse-midwives (NMWs) is the independent management of women’s health care, focusing particularly on pregnancy, childbirth, the post-partum period, care of the newborn, and the family planning and gynecologic needs of women.
- Models, Theories and Methods to Promote Optimal Health Outcomes
- Promoting Optimal Models and Systems for Healthcare Delivery
- Scientific and Analytic Approaches for Advanced Practice
- Advanced Physiology and Pathophysiology Across the Lifespan
- Advanced Health Assessment for Advanced Practice Nurses
- Antepartum Care of Essentially Normal Women
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Pharmacy Nursing View 180 other Masters in Pharmacy in United States
- Earned a BS in nursing or are in the process of completing a BS in nursing from a CCNE, AACN, or NLN accredited institution. Note: Successful completion of the BS in nursing must occur prior to the desired term of admission
- Minimum B average in all undergraduate coursework (this includes all courses taken to satisfy the degree requirements for a BS in nursing; an overall B average is usually equivalent to a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale)
- Official foreign transcript
- Transcript Evaluation
- English Proficiency Exam
- Visa and Documentation
International50646 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50646 USD per year during 24 months.
National50646 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50646 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State25230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25230 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Ann Arbor
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.