Why study PGCE (Secondary) Drama at Goldsmiths, University of London?
- If you want to empower young people through Drama then this is the course for you. You'll learn about the process of teaching and performance, observe Drama in schools, look at the work of key practitioners, and develop the conceptual underpinnings of classroom practice.
- You’ll also work on your performance skills and analyse them from the perspective of a viewer.
- You’ll work with school-based tutors (heads of department or experienced Drama specialists), and be supported by alumni as “buddies”.
More informationVisit official programme website
In College-based sessions, you engage in practical Drama at your own level and then analyse this from the perspective of participant and teacher.
Starting to teach grows out of this, coupled with you observing Drama in schools, re-visiting the work of key practitioners, and beginning to develop the conceptual underpinnings of classroom practice.
School-based tutors are heads of department or experienced Drama specialists. In addition, you will be supported by alumni as ‘buddies’.
In the Autumn Term, you have an intensive introduction to Drama in education at the College, and begin weekly induction visits to your first teaching practice school.
As the term develops, you spend four days a week in school beginning to develop teaching skills, and return to Goldsmiths on the fifth day for support in lesson planning, managing behaviour, and assessing and recording pupils’ progress.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply early to avoid disappointment
DisciplinesEducation Theatre & Dance View 828 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- to meet our fitness to train requirements
- a GCSE Grade C or above (or recognised equivalents) in English Language, Mathematics, and a science subject (including Combined Science)
- an undergraduate honours degree, usually 2:2 or above, from a university in the United Kingdom
International16700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Sums up to £10,000 which can be used for fees, maintenance or other costs associated with your study.
- Goldsmiths regularly offers over £200,000 in awards to international students through a range of postgraduate scholarships.
- Goldsmiths Masters Scholarship - 30 x £1,000 awards (£1000 for full-time students and part-time students. Part-time students will receive £1000 over 2 years).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.