Why study MA Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship - Theatre and Performance Pathway at Goldsmiths, University of London?
- You’ll build on a historical and theoretical understanding of cultural and creative industries to create your own creative initiatives, whether they’re research-based, policy-based, practice-based, or any combination of the three.
- You will have the opportunity to undertake a work placement in a small or medium-sized enterprise (SME), or research organisation in the cultural and creative industries. You may have the opportunity to augment your learning by taking classes in specific skill areas (such as marketing), as you are likely to be working in skill-specific departments of these organisations.
- The programme aims to integrate entrepreneurship within the development of creative practices. It takes a creative approach to the development of new businesses, and the infrastructure that supports them.
- You'll have a range of choices throughout the degree enabling you to design a pathway that is most relevant to your academic, business and career ambitions.
- You will have the opportunity to learn in partnership with a number of Goldsmiths departments, and with key individuals and organisations in the creative and cultural industries sector.
You can expect to develop an independence and integrity in developing creative ideas. You will be able to apply entrepreneurial approaches to creative projects and demonstrate an understanding of different business models to establish a creative enterprise. You will also develop team-working and leadership skills, and effective business and communication skills.
The programme will enable those who have previously studied an area of creative study/practice, to start a career developing a business arising from an existing or new creative practice. This may relate directly to a 'product' or 'process' arising from you own practice or to a form of 'expertise', 'consultancy' or 'knowledge'. The programme will also equip those who wish to work within organisations that develop the infrastructure and environment for new creative businesses with the capacity to flourish in a variety of contexts.
- The programme contains four taught modules and a further dissertation/portfolio component.You'll have a range of choices throughout the degree enabling you to design a pathway that is most relevant to your academic, business and career ambitions.
- All students take modules I and III, and you can choose between options offered in performing arts for modules II and IV.Attendance is mandatory for all taught sections of the programme. To encourage collaborative learning we try to teach all students together wherever possible, irrespective of their particular pathway.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply early to avoid disappointment
- Late applications will only be considered if there are spaces available.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Entrepreneurship View 642 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
- You should have (or expect to be awarded) an undergraduate degree of at least upper second class standard in a relevant/related subject.
- Experience in drama, dance, performance and theatre studies, and/or performing arts management at undergraduate level is desirable; if you don't have this experience, you may need to demonstrate your potential ability in – and sensitivity to – these areas. We also welcome applications from practicing artists or those who have been involved in an area of production and wish to develop a performing arts company or business.
International21160 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21160 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11200 GBP per year during 12 months.
- National - part-time: £5600
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.