You'll study the pricing of financial contracts such as financial and real options, management of investment portfolios, capital adequacy requirements for financial institutions, valuation of firms, optimal capital management and optimal contracting.
The two year full-time Master of Financial Mathematics offered at the University of Queensland offers you a practical and flexible curriculum that you can tailor to your interests and career goals through a range of elective courses, including Computation in Financial Mathematics, Financial Calculus, Machine Learning, Financial Risk Management, and Econometrics of Financial Markets.
- Learn cutting-edge computational methodology, mathematical modelling and stochastic methods in finance to identify strategic investment or business opportunities, manage portfolios and price financial products.
- Benefit from UQ’s strong connections with industry and government and experience the financial markets first-hand with an industry placement.
- Build on your background in mathematics, commerce or economics/econometrics.
Career possibilitiesPostgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Investment banker
- Retail banker
- Market risk manager
- Financial planning manager
- Data scientist
- Quantitative analyst
- Calculus & Linear Algebra
- Applied Mathematical Analysis
- Mathematical Probability
- Financial Mathematics
- Computation in Financial Mathematics
- Financial Calculus
- Machine Learning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Financial Mathematics Machine Learning View 33 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in Australia
CRICOS code: 079389K
- Bachelor degree with first year university level mathematics (including single-variable and multi-variable calculus, ordinary differential equations, and linear algebra); orGraduate Diploma in Financial Mathematics.UQ or equivalent GPA of 5.5 or above on a 7 point scale.
International42992 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42992 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.