There are four programs leading to the Master’s Degree in Mathematics offered at the University of Michigan. These programs include:
- General Mathematics Master's Program
- Applied Mathematics Master's Program
- Mathematics Program for Secondary School Teachers
- Actuarial Mathematics Master's Program
About the Program
In all areas, programs are planned in consultation with a counselor; course elections and requirements are subject to the approval of the counselor. Students who may enter a doctoral program at a future date are encouraged to follow programs that will provide a good foundation and an easy transition to doctoral studies.
Elementary courses taken to fill gaps in undergraduate preparation are not counted toward credit hour degree requirements.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Algebraic Geometry
- Analysis/Probability Learning
- Applied Interdisciplinary Mathematics (AIM)
- Arithmetic Geometry Learning
- Chromatic Homotopy Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 282 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- three semesters of calculus
- one or two semesters of differential equations
- one semester courses in modern algebra, linear algebra, geometry or topology
- advanced calculus of one and several variables
International50646 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50646 USD per year during 12 months.
National50646 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50646 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State25230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25230 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Ann Arbor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.