Mechatronics integrates the theory and practice of mechanical, electrical and computer based disciplines, to enable the design, modelling and development of intelligent machines, products and systems.
Mechatronic engineers are in great demand as more industries seek to apply the advances in computers, electronics, sensors, and actuators to improve their products, processes and services. Our course aims to produce dynamic graduates who can operate in industry at the highest level.
Course modules include Mechatronics Systems Engineering and Artificial Intelligence which introduces you to model-based system engineering and the mechatronic philosophies of design, Programming and Software Engineering to develop knowledge of efficient programming approaches to software engineering with an emphasis on practical programming skills and Engineering Business Environment which enable students to understand and reflect upon the role of business in a rapidly changing, globalised world.
Graduates of the Mechatronics course at De Montfort University enjoy exciting career opportunities from a wide range of industries. These include robotics and automation, machine vision, manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, consumer products, material processing, energy and power.
They are likely to be employed as engineers, senior engineers and project leaders or managers for roles in design and development, research and development, electromechanical, automation and control, manufacturing, product development, field support and maintenance, system integration, commissioning and installation, test and verification, or any engineering role where understanding interdisciplinary issues with insights is vital.
Accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mechatronics Systems Engineering and Artificial Intelligence
- Programming and Software Engineering
- Programming and Software Engineering
- Engineering Business Environment
- Digital Manufacturing
- Advanced Computer Aided Design & Finite Element Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
It is important that you send your application as soon as possible.
- MA/MSc/LLM/MBA (180 credits at level 7)
- Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits at level 7)
- Postgraduate Certificate (60 credits at level 7)
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Mechatronics View 131 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You should have the equivalent of a British Honours degree (2:2 minimum) in a relevant subject.
- We are happy to consider equivalent qualifications from anywhere in the world.
- If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English Language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning, is available both before and throughout the course if you need it.
- If you have no formal academic qualifications but do have extensive industry experience we will consider your application on an individual basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16100 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8170 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8170 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
UK/EU: Part-time fees will be £680 per 15 credits.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.