Designed for those with an approved undergraduate degree, the Master of Teaching (Primary) allows you to qualify as a primary school teacher after four semesters of study.
The two year Master of Teaching (Primary) offered at the University of Queensland aims to develop, educate and sustain teachers who can contribute innovatively and creatively to addressing the educational challenges of social, community and technological change. It provides the skills and knowledge necessary for teaching to complement the current knowledge and skills gained in your first degree.
Your study consists of periods of on-campus lectures, tutorials and workshops. These are alternated with blocks of professional placements in schools, designed to provide the opportunity for professional development and learning for growth into your career in education. You'll graduate qualified to teach in all areas of the primary curriculum from Prep to Year 6.
- After just four semesters of study, have the confidence to step into the classroom and ignite the minds of the next generation.
- Learn from national and international award-winning lecturers who will teach you flexible and creative ways to cater for the diverse learning needs of children.
- Undertake 70 days of supervised classroom experience.
- Graduate from an accredited program with eligibility for teacher registration in Queensland and beyond.
Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Primary Professional Experience
- Global Issues and Social Justice
- Contemporary Theories of Development and Learning
- Teaching English
- Indigenous Knowledge and Education
- Teaching Humanities and Social Sciences Curriculum
- Primary Professional Experience
- Teaching Science
- Building Inclusive Primary Classrooms
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 203 other Masters in Education in Australia
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Queensland and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS code: 078819A
- An approved bachelor degree, in a different discipline, with a minimum GPA 4.5 from an approved tertiary institution, which includes the equivalent of at least one full year of study in areas relevant to one or more learning areas of the primary school curriculum in Australian schools.
- Students will be required to submit a statement addressing non-academic criteria.
International31744 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31744 AUD per year during 24 months.
National3950 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3950 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.