About Physiotherapy - Professional Qualification programme at University of Limerick
The Physiotherapy - Professional Qualification programme at University of Limerick aims to develop graduates who are able to:
- Synthesise theoretical and conceptual knowledge of the cardiorespiratory, neurological and musculoskeletal systems to the practice of physiotherapy.
- Be competent in the delivery of physiotherapy interventions for the effective rehabilitation and management of people with a range of conditions.
- Competently prescribe, and monitor physiotherapy interventions responsibly, based on a clinically-reasoned approach following an appropriate assessment and diagnosis.
- Apply specialist knowledge and understanding of movement and movement dysfunction to clinical practice.
- Use an innovative and creative approach to meet evolving service developments and healthcare needs.
- Perform effectively and professionally within a health care team.
- Adopt and facilitate a collaborative, holistic, proactive and professional approach to healthcare practice.
- Articulate and integrate the advanced critical thinking and reflective skills required to be autonomous lifelong learners.
- Use an evidence-based approach in practice which integrates research findings into patient assessment and management.
- Integrate the ethical, social and cultural dimensions of healthcare within clinical judgement.
- Articulate ideas clearly, effectively, collaboratively and professionally to patients, carers, the multidisciplinary team and other relevant stakeholders.
Graduates will be eligible to practice in Ireland and eligible for registration in other parts of the world. Graduates will be able to work in a diverse range of environments including schools, hospitals and community settings
- Peripheral Anatomy and Foundations of Physiotherapy Practice
- Physiotherapy in Respiratory Care
- Normal movement & Neurological Rehabilitation
- Preparation for Practice Education
- Neuromusculoskeletal cases
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
EU Applicants: Early application is advisable.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Physiotherapy Health Administration View 8 other Masters in Physiotherapy in Ireland
A completed postgraduate studies application form (online)
- Qualification transcripts and certificates, including certified English translations of your transcripts/certificates where the originals are in a language other than English.
- English language qualification if English is not your first language.
- A copy of your birth certificate (long document)
- Proof of your GAMSAT registration
International23300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23300 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA11512 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11512 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.