This accredited course has many and varied benefits that will help progress your future career.
As a department we believe civil engineering is a creative and collaborative profession, as much as a technical one.
Your Civil Engineering Structures course from City, University of London will give you the skills and tools you need to engage with both the analytical and experimental side of the subject allowing you to generate your own structural solutions.
From earthquake engineering to sustainable construction, you’ll learn from a group of world-leading engineers with diverse research strengths.
Graduates with this highly regarded industry led degree, which encourages exploration and original solutions within a supported environment, are in demand worldwide.
Many of our former graduates have secured employment with leading civil engineering consultants, research institutes and government agencies and pursued doctoral studies both in the UK and internationally.
Others have moved into careers in the following organisations:
- Robert Bird Group
- Mott MacDonald.
This degree is accredited as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng) for candidates who have already acquired a partial CEng accredited undergraduate first degree.
- Advanced structural analysis and stability
- Finite element methods
- Dynamics of structures
- Structural reliability and risk
- Design of concrete structures
- Design of steel and composite structures
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 748 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- Applicants should hold a second-class honours degree in civil engineering or a relevant subject or the equivalent from an international institution.
- If you do not qualify for direct entry, you may wish to follow a Graduate Diploma pathway to the programme through one of our partners.
- For all applicants, please upload your degree certificate and transcript of marks from your first degree
- If your first language is not English, or you require a Student Visa to study in the UK, please upload a Proof of English Proficiency if you have already obtained it.
- Please upload a detailed personal statement outlining why you wish to study this specific course, at City, University of London,
- If you are applying for a part-time course, or have relevant work experience relating to the degree you are applying for, please upload a copy of your current CV/resume.
International20760 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20760 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10110 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10110 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Part-time per year
- UK: £5,050
- Overseas/EU: £10,370
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.