This 2-year Chinese Translation and Interpreting program from University of Queensland will give you an understanding of theories and professional aspects of translation and interpreting, and how to apply them in practice.
Emphasis is placed on professional translation and interpreting from English into Chinese and vice versa, as well as interpreting between English and Mandarin. You'll also be trained in different areas including society, business and trade, law, science and technology, politics and international relations.
The Bachelor of Arts in Chinese Translation and Interpreting is offered by University of Queensland.
By completing the master's program, you'll meet the first professional level specified by NAATI (National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters).
You'll have access to one of the top interpreter training facilities in Australia, equipped with a simultaneous interpreting booth that meets United Nations standards.
Practicals will introduce you to, and involve you in, active translation and interpreting tasks within specific settings. You'll learn under the supervision of the program convenor, experienced translators and interpreters, or a mentor.
- Get intensive training in translation from English into Chinese and vice versa, as well as interpreting between English and Mandarin.
- Benefit from facilities that include United Nations-standard simultaneous interpreting booth.
- Study translation and interpreting topics including health and medical care, business and trade, law, science and technology, tourism, politics and international relations.
Career possibilitiesPostgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Chinese translator/interpreter
- International business translator/interpreter
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Translation Skills and Practice (English to Chinese)
- Translation Skills and Practice (Chinese to English)
- Interpreting Skills & Practice (English and Mandarin)
- Contextual Studies for Translators & Interpreters
- Language Consolidation for Translation & Interpreting Purposes
- Theoretical & Professional Studies
- Professional Translation (English to Chinese)
- Professional Translation (Chinese to English)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Linguistics View 44 other Masters in Languages in Australia
CRICOS code: 082605C
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent in any field with a grade point average of 4.5, and proficiency in spoken and written Chinese and English.
International35568 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35568 AUD per year during 24 months.
National25040 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25040 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.