Michigan graduates emerge as extremely well rounded genetic counselors, who are ready to meet the current challenges in clinical genomic medicine and are able to help guide the evolving practice of genetic counseling and genomic medicine.
The University of Michigan Human Genetic Counseling Program provides an individualized, integrated and supportive graduate training environment composed of:
- A comprehensive and rigorous academic curriculum
- Diverse clinical experiences
- A broad spectrum of research opportunities that supports the development of genetic counseling clinical scholars.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Gene Structure and Regulation
- Genetic Counseling: Clinical Skills
- Peer Supervision Group
- Reproductive Genetics
- Research Skills
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Genetics View 1143 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Undergraduate degree: B.S. or B.A. Most students major in the biological sciences, but this is not required
- Transcripts documenting: (1) Science courses up through and including biochemistry; (2) At least one upper level human genetics course (300 or 400 level if this is available at your institution), and (3) A general statistics course
- Advocacy Experience: Advocacy experience helps demonstrate a candidate's comfort with taking on some of the responsibilities of a counseling or supportive role.
- Technical Standards
International50646 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50646 USD per year during 12 months.
National50646 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50646 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State25230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25230 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Ann Arbor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.