Chemical Engineering from Cleveland State University (CSU) provides a foundation built on fundamentals of Thermodynamics and Transport Phenomena. The program offers three tracks: a thesis track, a design track, and a course-only track. In-depth study of a specific research topic with a faculty mentor is conducted in the thesis track. Students in the project or thesis track gain breadth of knowledge by taking a wider variety of courses.
Chemical engineers design equipment and processes for large-scale chemical manufacturing, plan and test methods of manufacturing products and treating byproducts, and supervise production. Chemical engineers also work in a variety of manufacturing industries other than chemical manufacturing, such as those producing energy, electronics, food, clothing, and paper. They also work in health care, biotechnology, and business services. Upon completion of the MS Chemical Engineering program, students will be prepared to work in any of these fields or to continue their education at the doctoral level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Thermodynamics
- Advanced Transport Phenomena
- Advanced Reactor Design
- Chemical Engineering Principles
- Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Transport Phenomena
- Chemical Reactor Design
- Separation Processes
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 611 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed application with a $40 non-refundable application fee. Application fees cannot be waived or deferred.
- Transcripts of academic work and degree certificates from each college/university attended. All school records should be submitted in the original language and should be accompanied by a certified English translation.
- Proof of having met at least one of the English language proficiency requirements. CSU offers students the following choices to prove English language proficiency
- Successful completion of CSU's IELP (Intensive English Language Program) Advanced Level, with a grade of 80% or better
- Graduated from a secondary school or accredited college/university in the US or from one of the TOEFL exempted countries.
- Official score report of the GRE, GMAT, or MAT if required by your department. The academic program has the option of requiring additional test requirements from applicants.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29226 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14613 USD per semester during 12 months.
National26290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13145 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State15230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7615 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Cleveland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.