We bring together a diverse cohort of students with shared interests in understanding and improving schools, instruction, and K-12 students’ educational outcomes.
Increasing both the excellence and equity of public schools must be a national priority. To address this imperative, state and national education reform efforts are increasingly focused on improving the professional knowledge base and preparation of educational leaders, as catalysts for improvement.
Our master’s level Educational Leadership and Policy program at the University of Michigan is a 30-credit program that prepares students to:
- Analyze student outcomes, classroom instruction, the school organization, and external environments.
- Devise and implement strategic plans for systemic, instructionally-focused improvement.
- Demonstrate the identity, dispositions, and values instrumental to enacting collaborative school improvement.
- Opportunities to engage with leading researchers, local active administrators, and faculty members of a top-rated school of education that is focused on the improvement of teaching and learning through practice-based teacher education and research and committed to the twin imperatives of excellence and equity.
- Access to all the coursework, resources, and opportunities of a preeminent public research university. For example, master’s students may take electives from any school within the university.
- Foundational Perspectives on Educational Reform
- Research and Educational Practice
- School Organization and the Policy Environment
- Instructional Leadership in Schools
- Internship and Directed Field Experience
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducational Research Educational Leadership View 362 other Masters in Educational Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants complete a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. college or university accredited by a regional accrediting association; or Complete an international degree that is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a college or university recognized and approved by the Ministry of Education or Commission responsible for higher education in the country where the degree is earned
- Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency. Applicants are required to provide an official score report
International50646 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50646 USD per year during 12 months.
National50646 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50646 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State25230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25230 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Ann Arbor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.