The mission of the Dentistry - Dental Hygiene graduate program at University of Michigan is to provide its students with the educational experiences necessary to become oral health leaders; to conduct research in basic, behavioral and clinical sciences and to serve the University, the profession, and the community
- Provide graduates with expanded skills to assume leadership roles in education, community health settings, research, and administration.
The graduate dental hygiene program prepares students to assume a variety of roles in dental hygiene. The program recognizes the need for its graduates to be prepared to assume leadership in dental hygiene education, changing health care delivery and workforce models as they develop.
- Prepare graduates for faculty positions in dental hygiene programs.
The American Dental and Dental Hygienists' Association and the America Dental Education Association recognize the increasing need for dental hygiene educators. Today, with an increase in the number of dental hygiene programs and simultaneous retirement of faculty, there remains a growing need for dental hygiene faculty. In 1964, U-M became one of the first dental hygiene programs to offer the MSDH degree, and continues to be a leader in the profession.
- Contribute to the body of knowledge in dental hygiene through research and scholarly activity.
The graduate dental hygiene program provides students with opportunities to gain outstanding research skills through solid methodology preparation and clinical/educational research experiences. Students receive excellent mentorship and exposure to changing technology and research methods, making the University of Michigan one of the foremost programs for dental hygiene translational research. the University, the profession, and the community.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Dental Hygiene, Education, and Health Care
- Research Principles and Application
- Educational Concepts and Strategies
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Practicum in Pre-Clinical/Clinical Teaching
- Foundations of Oral Health Services
- Practicum in Didactic Teaching
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDentistry View 98 other Masters in Dentistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Have graduated from a CODA (Commission on Dental Accreditation) school or program of dental hygiene if a US applicant
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Have completed a baccalaureate-level biostatistics or statistics course with a grade of “C” or better prior to beginning the program. The course MUST be approved by the graduate program director (For more information refer to the Online Program "curriculum & prerequisites”)
International22089 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22089 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National22089 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22089 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State15462 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15462 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.