Foreign Language Education from Cleveland State University (CSU) helps prospective educators become accomplished professional second language educators. The program integrates the field experience and college coursework to prepare students to become licensed teachers in French or Spanish. Theory and practice are also linked through concurrent coursework and student teaching—a nationally recognized approach to teacher education.
Graduates with Foreign Language Education from Cleveland State University (CSU) will
- understand student learning
- work with diverse learners
- use a variety of instructional strategies
- create positive learning environments
- develop and grow foreign language proficiency in their students
- reflect upon their practice and grow professionally
- meet state requirements regarding student learning outcomes
- become collaborators and leaders in the field of foreign language instruction
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Courses for this program are taken at the undergraduate level and tuition rate. Prospective applicants to the MUST program will be interested to know that work toward licensure in foreign language is available.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Languages View 796 other Masters in Languages in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Cleveland State University (CSU) and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completed application with a $40 non-refundable application fee. Application fees cannot be waived or deferred.
- Transcripts of academic work and degree certificates from each college/university attended. All school records should be submitted in the original language and should be accompanied by a certified English translation.
- Proof of having met at least one of the English language proficiency requirements. CSU offers students the following choices to prove English language proficiency
- Successful completion of CSU's IELP (Intensive English Language Program) Advanced Level, with a grade of 80% or better
- Graduated from a secondary school or accredited college/university in the US or from one of the TOEFL exempted countries.
- Official score report of the GRE, GMAT, or MAT if required by your department. The academic program has the option of requiring additional test requirements from applicants.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29026 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14513 USD per semester during 12 months.
National26290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13145 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State15350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7675 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Cleveland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.