Foreign Language Education from Cleveland State University (CSU) helps prospective educators become accomplished professional second language educators. The program integrates the field experience and college coursework to prepare students to become licensed teachers in French or Spanish. Theory and practice are also linked through concurrent coursework and student teaching—a nationally recognized approach to teacher education.
Graduates with Foreign Language Education from Cleveland State University (CSU) will
- understand student learning
- work with diverse learners
- use a variety of instructional strategies
- create positive learning environments
- develop and grow foreign language proficiency in their students
- reflect upon their practice and grow professionally
- meet state requirements regarding student learning outcomes
- become collaborators and leaders in the field of foreign language instruction
- Courses for this program are taken at the undergraduate level and tuition rate. Prospective applicants to the MUST program will be interested to know that work toward licensure in foreign language is available.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Languages View 4301 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application with a $40 non-refundable application fee. Application fees cannot be waived or deferred.
- Transcripts of academic work and degree certificates from each college/university attended. All school records should be submitted in the original language and should be accompanied by a certified English translation.
- Proof of having met at least one of the English language proficiency requirements. CSU offers students the following choices to prove English language proficiency
- Successful completion of CSU's IELP (Intensive English Language Program) Advanced Level, with a grade of 80% or better
- Graduated from a secondary school or accredited college/university in the US or from one of the TOEFL exempted countries.
- Official score report of the GRE, GMAT, or MAT if required by your department. The academic program has the option of requiring additional test requirements from applicants.
International28458 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14229 USD per semester during 12 months.
National25776 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12888 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State15050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7525 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Cleveland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.