Our programs are among the best in the nation according to the 2015 U.S. News and World Report rankings for civil engineering and environmental engineering programs.
The environmental engineering graduate program and undergraduate program are both ranked 4th in their respective categories.
The Civil Engineering graduate program and undergraduate program at the University of Michigan are both ranked 8th in their respective categories.Our notable alumni include Ken Maschke, named one of the top 20 engineers under 40 by Engineering News-Record Midwest, and Jennifer Macks, Vice President of Business Development at Howard Shockey & Sons, Inc. Our department keeps in touch with alumni through our Civil and Environmental Engineering Friends Association (CEEFA), which you can learn more about here.
- Construction Engineering and Management
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Hydraulic and Hydrologic Engineering
- Intelligent Systems Guidelines
- Materials and Highway Engineering
- Structural Engineering Guidelines
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction View 431 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be granted admission to the program leading to the degree M.S.E. (Civil Engineering), an applicant should normally hold a degree equivalent to the B.S.E. from the University's undergraduate Civil and Environmental Engineering program.
- However, students in other branches of engineering, physical sciences, or related fields may have achieved the technical background needed to pursue advanced work in a special field of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
- Such students are encouraged to apply because civil engineers with interdisciplinary training can provide vital input into the solution of the complex problems developing in present day society
International50646 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50646 USD per year during 24 months.
National50646 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50646 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State25230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25230 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Ann Arbor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.