The Department of Biostatistics at the University of Michigan School of Public Health prepares students for careers in government, private industry, medical research institutions, and higher education.
You'll learn how to use statistical and mathematical methods to design and analyze research studies and plan and evaluate health services programs.
Our faculty is engaged in collaborative research with U-M's Institute of Social Research and the schools of Medicine, Nursing, and Dentistry—and other SPH departments—funded by the National Institutes of Health and other governmental and private sources.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Probability and Distribution Theory
- Biostatistical Inference
- Applied Statistics I: Linear Regression
- Applied Statistics II: Generalized Linear Models
- Applied Statistics III: ANOVA and Linear Mixed Models
- Analysis of Biostatistical Investigations
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology View 1138 other Masters in Biology in United States
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Mathematics prerequisites are three semesters of calculus, a course in matrix or linear algebra, and an introductory course in statistics or biostatistics. Students with less preparation in mathematics or statistics may be conditionally admitted
- General GRE exam from within the last 5 years
International50646 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50646 USD per year during 20 months.
National50646 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50646 USD per year during 20 months.
In-State25230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25230 USD per year during 20 months.
Living costs for Ann Arbor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.