You will develop skills in print, broadcast and online journalism and learn how they function in a global context.
The International Journalism programme from City, University of London enables you to study news in all its forms and grow your understanding of international journalism from a UK perspective.
While you will practise in different media of journalism (print, broadcast and online), you will additionally explore theory and reflect on your work. You also explore the contemporary global domain of journalism.
Here at City we provide an alumni network that is second to none in UK journalism.
As one of our graduates you will have possibly the best employment opportunities of any journalism graduate in Britain.
Our graduates work in both global and national media and in related occupations. These include roles from researchers to editors in broadcasting organisations such as:
- BBC Radio and TV (including BBC World Service)
- Channel 4
- Al Jazeera
- NHK (Japan).
- Global Journalism
- Journalistic Storytelling
- International News
- Ethics, Rules and Standards
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesJournalism Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 361 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
- You should hold an upper second class honours degree or the equivalent from an international institution.
- You must be able to demonstrate a hunger to be a journalist through relevant work experience. This may be paid work, an internship, student journalism in an academic institution, freelance work, or a combination of these.
- A copy of your degree transcript - either a good quality scanned copy or an original. If you are an overseas student and will be applying for a student visa, you should submit a good quality scan as you will need to supply the original to the UK Border Agency as part of your student visa application. If you have not completed your degree please indicate your expected date of graduation in the application form.
- A copy of your CV.
International21230 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21230 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10610 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10610 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.