CSEAS awards a master's degree for studies concentrating on Southeast Asia. The MA Program provides students with a broad interdisciplinary approach to these studies while allowing the flexibility to pursue individual areas of interest.
One feature of the MA Program offered at the University of Michigan is a required one semester interdisciplinary graduate course in Southeast Asian Studies, which provides a forum for interdisciplinary dialogue and intensive interaction among MA students and leading Southeast Asia faculty.
Who Should Apply at Asian Studies - Southeast Asian Studies?
- Students with area expertise who want to channel their experiences into a more formal direction, acquire further language competence, and interact with other specialists in an interdisciplinary milieu
- Students interested in augmenting their professional training (in Business, Public Policy, Law, etc.) with a rigorous grounding in Southeast Asian languages and knowledge
- Students interested in pursuing a doctoral degree with a Southeast Asia focus who wish to develop their language skills and area expertise prior to applying to a PhD program
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Buddhism and Death
- Jesus Comes to Asia—Conversion and Its Consequences in Asia
- Love and Intimacy in Asia
- South and Southeast Asian Culture
- Religion and Violence in a Secular World
- Thai Buddhism in Film
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies View 520 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Mandatory And Advisory Prerequisites
- Transcripts And Wes Evaluation
- Gmat Or Gre Scores
- Current Resume
- Nonrefundable Application Fee
International50646 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50646 USD per year during 24 months.
National50646 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50646 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State25230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25230 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Ann Arbor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.