In this Newspaper Journalism programme from City, University of London you will build a combination of vital professional skills. These include research, reporting, interviewing, writing, editing and newspaper production in print and online.
We give you a concern for professional standards, covering both critical and ethical reflection.
During your degree you will be encouraged to undertake optional work placements, with support from your tutors in finding these at appropriate organisations.
By studying the Newspaper Journalism MA here at City, you will benefit from unrivalled industry contacts and a solid grounding in the best practices of professional journalism.
The graduates swiftly progress to work as journalists, reporters, and editors.
After completing the Newspaper Journalism MA, in recent years our graduates have been appointed to the following positions:
- The Sun, Showbiz Reporter
- Financial Times, Social Media Journalist
- BBC News, Journalism Researcher
- The Guardian, News Reporter
- Telegraph, Sports Journalist
- CityAM, Reporter
- The Sunday Times, Assistant Books Editor
- Ethics, Rules and Standards
- Journalism Portfolio
- Editorial Production
- Final Project
- UK Media Law
- Social and Digital Journalism
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCreative Writing Journalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 362 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
- You should hold an upper second class honours degree or the equivalent from an international institution.
- You should have gained some work experience in the media, eg on local/regional UK newspapers (or have this arranged when you apply).
Please upload the following documents via the online application.
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- The MA Newspaper Journalism Application Supplemental Information form
- A copy of your degree transcript. We require an original transcript or a copy certified by your institution. If you have not yet graduated, you will be required to send us your degree transcript as soon as it is available.
International22733 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22733 GBP for the full programme during 10 months.
National11361 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11361 GBP for the full programme during 10 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.