Take the opportunity to study the related areas of tourism and hospitality within a single programme to ensure you have the tools to become a confident and high executive-level manager in the international tourism and hospitality sector. The MSc Tourism and Hospitality Management programme is offered by University of Plymouth .
- According to the United Nations World Tourism Organization one in 11 jobs worldwide are now in tourism, so you will enhance your career opportunities through our focus on employability.
- Join our successful graduates who hold management positions in hotels, airlines, tour operators and travel agencies, the cruise industry, government tourism ministries and universities around the world.
- Learn from research-active staff at the forefront of knowledge, conducting research into areas such as the social impacts of tourism, the relationship between tourism and crime, working conditions in the industry, the adoption and reporting of corporate social responsibility, tourism education, and literary and heritage tourism in Cornwall.
- Study while you work - this course is offered part-time and is suitable for those with experience of the service sector.
- Secure relevant work experience through short internships during your third term.
- Gain transferable skills which allow you to work in other sectors such as investment banks and import and export businesses.
- You have the option to start your study in September or January.
Careers with this subject:
Our graduates hold managerial positions in hotels, airlines, tour operators, the cruise industry, government tourism ministries and universities around the world. Transferable skills gained from us also allow our graduates to work in other sectors such as investment banks, and import and export businesses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Leading Managing and Developing People
Trends and Revenue Management in Hospitality
Sustainable Destination Development and Disaster and Crisis Management in Tourism and Hospitality
Experience Design and Digital Marketing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Most of our taught programmes begin in September. Applications can usually be made throughout the year, and are considered until programmes are full.
DisciplinesHospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 97 other Masters in Hospitality Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Plymouth and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Students would normally be expected to have a second class honours degree or an equivalent award in any subject.
- Please view the country specific pages for further information regarding the equivalency of your degree. International applicants will be required to provide evidence of their English language ability, for example by achieving an IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in each element) or equivalent.
- We welcome applicants with international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10400 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Part time (Home) - £580 per 10 credits.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.