The Investigative Journalism programme from City, University of London aims to give you the skills to quickly progress from the basics of writing news for print or online, to producing audio-visual journalism for TV, radio and online.You will learn how to investigate and communicate across multimedia platforms, and work ethically and legally.
THe programme covers how to investigate using open and closed sources, different interviewing techniques, how to use access to information laws, and ethical undercover work.
You will learn through the production of your own professional grade piece of investigative work.
As a graduate of our Investigative Journalism MA you will have among the best employment opportunities of any UK journalism graduate.
We prepare you for work in any form of journalism, but investigative journalists can be especially valued for positions demanding advanced research and investigation abilities.
A selection of our recent graduates secured the following positions:
- Legal Reporter at Bloomberg News
- News Reporter at Solent News Agency
- Digital sports journalist at The Telegraph
- Staff writer at the Kyiv Post
- News reporter at Reuters
- Trainee journalist at BBC Radio 1/1Xtra Newsbeat
- Trainee sub-editor at The Times
- Reporter with Legal Week
- ITV News trainee
- Journalist at Action on Armed Violence
- Journalism Portfolio
- Editorial Production
- Journalism Ethics
- Final Project
- Investigative Reporting
- UK Media Law
- Political Headlines
- Data journalism
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesJournalism Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 362 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
- You should hold an upper second class honours degree or the equivalent from an international institution.
- You must be able to demonstrate commitment to journalism through relevant work experience, including regional newspapers, magazines, online, broadcast or student journalism. You don't need a set number of weeks of work experience, but we advise you to get as much as possible, both before and after submitting your application.
International22733 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22733 GBP for the full programme during 10 months.
National11361 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11361 GBP for the full programme during 10 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.