The Urban Design program from The University of Western Australia is designed to broaden the interdisciplinary scope of urban design work undertaken by architects, planners, landscape architects and professionals in related fields.
Develop techniques of sustainable urban design suited to this ‘urban century’. You'll gain an in-depth understanding of urban design theories and issues; techniques of urban analysis; and skills for the design and development of cities and urban places. The course also includes designing and implementing a process to resolve a complex urban problem.
This course is designed to broaden the interdisciplinary scope of urban design work undertaken by architects, planners, landscape architects or professionals in related fields. A Master of Urban Design prepares you for the next step in your career in urban design.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Strategies in Landscape Architecture, Urban Design and Architecture
- Urban Design Studio
- Sustainability and Cities
- Contemporary Urbanism
- The Forces that Shape Cities
- Conservation in Cultural Landscapes, Historic Towns and Urban Precincts
- Empowering Communities Through Design
- Architectural Conservation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Design Landscape Architecture View 26 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 074757J
To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have—
- a Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA; and
- the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 50 per cent; and
- successfully completed prior study in a field relevant to Urban Design; or
- completed a Graduate Certificate in Urban Design or Graduate Diploma in Urban Design at UWA.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International36800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 73600 AUD for the full programme during 24 months.
National Commonwealth supported students: $8,747.06
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.