Led by a team of consultants and complemented by respected visiting specialist clinicians and teachers, this MSc Restorative Dentistry programme at University of Plymouth allows you to continue your current working commitments while studying for this postgraduate degree at an appropriate pace. Each clinical module includes hands-on exercises and consultant contact days to ensure you have the understanding and confidence to carry out taught restorative techniques.
- Choose your own learning journey – complete 60 credits and receive a PG Certificate in Restorative Dentistry. 120 credits will give you a PG Diploma and the maximum 180 credits will reward you with a full Masters in Restorative Dentistry. The cost of each module is £5000.
- Balance existing work commitments with flexible study opportunities. Each module consists of 300 total learning hours – 80 hours of direct contact and 220 hours in own practice preparing cases.
- Benefit from hands-on consultant time for each clinical module – put your knowledge into practice and gain experience and confidence.
- High-quality teaching – learn from an experienced team of consultants in restorative dentistry and by respected visiting specialist clinicians and teachers.
- Grow in confidence and experience with the programme – learn and understand the foundations of restorative dentistry and restoring teeth and tissues in year one and develop your knowledge and skills with advanced restorative dentistry in year two.
- Boost your future career prospects and the quality of care you can offer to your patients and produce a dissertation to complete the masters – design, conduct, evaluate and write up a project on a topic relevant to restorative dentistry.
- Accredited by The Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Accredited by The Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Restorative Dentistry
- Restoring Teeth and Tissues
- Advanced Restorative Dentistry 1
- Dental Programmes Dissertation
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Dentistry View 127 other Masters in Dentistry in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- As a graduate, you should be in practice (Dentistry) in the UK or EU whilst undertaking the programme, and hold full General Dental Council (GDC) registration as a dental practitioner. You should also have full professional indemnity and normally at least two years of clinical experience. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis, subject to fulfilling the above requirements.
- If your first language is not English you will be required to provide evidence of competence in English language.
International8333 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
National8333 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.