About The Course
This Master of Physics - Medical Physics at The University of Western Australia is about understanding the world around us at its most fundamental level. The knowledge generated through the study of physics is also the driving force behind most new technologies, from radars to lasers, from transistors to quantum computers, and from electron microscopes to advanced medical imaging scanners.
You will develop a combination of high-level research, analytical and problem-solving skills which are highly valued by industry and government employers.
The Master of Physics can be undertaken in one of the following:
- Astronomy and Astrophysics (astronomy techniques, astro-statistics, galactic dynamics, compact objects, astrophysical shocks, plasma astrophysics, space electrodynamics and high-energy astrophysics)
- Computational Physics (numerical methods, high performance computing, graphics processing unit (GPU) programming and methods of computational physics)
- Experimental Physics (data analysis and methods of experimental physics)
- Medical Physics (commissioning, calibration, safe operation and maintenance of these medical systems that help to diagnose and treat thousands of people every year)
- Theoretical Physics (discipline-specific knowledge at the frontiers of modern physics).
This course is about understanding the world around us at its most fundamental level. The knowledge generated through the study of physics is also the driving force behind most new technologies, from radars to lasers, from transistors to quantum computers, and from electron microscopes to advanced medical imaging scanners.
In addition to a career as a research scientist or educator, previous graduates from the School of Physics have had highly successful careers in finance, management, geophysics and the information technology sector. Medical physicists can undertake roles in a tertiary public hospital or private medical service provider.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Biology for Medical Physicists
- Physics Research Project Development
- Master's Dissertation—Physics Research Presentation
- Radiotherapy Physics
- Master's Dissertation—Medical Physics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPhysics Human Medicine View 173 other Masters in Human Medicine in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a bachelor's degree in physics, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA;
- the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 65 per cent;
- an honours degree in physics, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International41700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 83400 AUD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Scholarships are available to students from a diverse range of backgrounds, including academic achievement, financial need, educational disadvantage, leadership and community service, artistic or sporting achievements, and being from a rural or remote area.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.