Why you should study MA Graphic Design at Middlesex University?
At this Graphic Design MA course from the Middlesex University a problem-solving approach to graphic design is taken to explore contemporary practice through design thinking, insight and co-design processes, prototyping ideas, and building expert collaborative networks with external partners.
Here you will be working across project areas of typography & information, brand identity & campaigns, new technology & digital experiences, design writing & insight analysis, sustainability & environmental issues, structural packaging and book design.
Based in the Grove, the £80 million Arts and Creative Industries building, and taught by some of the UK's leading practitioners from a range of disciplines, our course features world-class facilities and specialist workshops fitted with both new and traditional equipment. With opportunities to build industry contacts and exhibit your work off-site, you'll also gain the employability skills, exposure and experiences you need to navigate a successful career path in today's competitive creative industries.
- Fully equipped 3D workshops, laser cutting and 3D printing, printmaking and letterpress, digital printing, reprographics, bookbinding and fully equipped photography, animation and film studios, with expert technical support
- Each self-initiated project is tailored to each individual’s specialism and ambitions in industry, research, design writing, PhD or education, with the aim to establish expert links and specialist networks for each project
- You will exhibit your work in central London, creating networking opportunities and building industry contacts in a professional environment
- You will have access to networking opportunities, world-leading design research and expertise through the Art & Design Research Institute (ADRI) on campus
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
- This course will prepare you for a diverse range of design careers within the creative industries such as graphic designer, picture editor, packaging designer, web designer, freelance designer and illustrator, brand designer, retail designer, art director and similar managerial positions.
- This course is also well suited to those looking to pursue careers in further research and teaching about Graphic Design. With strong links to art and design employers across the UK and internationally you will be assisted in finding and securing professional opportunities while you study with us and after your graduate.
- Developing Practice
- Critical Debates
- Vision and Authorship
- Advanced Research
- Major Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place.
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Graphic Design View 563 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
- a good honours degree 2:2 or above, or equivalent qualification, in an appropriate subject
- candidates with other relevant qualifications are also considered
- those without formal qualifications need to demonstrate three years' relevant work experience and the ability to study at postgraduate level.
International14800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14800 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9600 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for London
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.