The Sport Marketing programme at Birkbeck, University of London is ideally suited to the needs of executives within football clubs and media organisations, officers of football and sport regulatory bodies, as well as people with a general interest in the sport, football and media industries.
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM). CIM is the leading professional body for marketers worldwide and exists to develop the marketing profession, maintain professional standards and improve the skills of marketing practitioners. Birkbeck has joined forces with CIM to give our students the opportunity to gain CIM professional qualifications through their multi-award pathway (MAP). CIM qualifications are highly sought by employers, and MAP, alongside our own degrees, ensures we are equipping our students with the best opportunities for a successful marketing career.
- Linked to Birkbeck's Sport Business Centre, one of the world's leading centres for sport business and football research, teaching, training, consultancy and policy advice.
- Our MSc Marketing suite (consisting of MSc Marketing, MSc International Marketing, MSc Marketing Communications and MSc Sport Marketing) has been mapped against CIM/CAM qualifications to offer our students exemptions.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy. Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
- We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
Careers and Employability
Graduates can pursue careers in sports clubs, governing bodies, retail and the media. Possible professions include marketing, media, or retail. This degree can also be useful in a variety of roles within sports organisations, such as FIFA, and in becoming a sports administrator or sports development officer.
Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Brand Management
- Consumer Behaviour
- Digital and Social Media Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Sport Economics and the Design of Competitions
- Sport Event Management
- Sport Marketing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesMarketing Sports Management Sports Sciences View 156 other Masters in Sports Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Our standard postgraduate entry requirement is a second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university, or an equivalent international qualification.
- We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18780 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18780 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12180 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12180 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.