It will provide you with detailed knowledge about key issues, such as the structure and function of sport in the UK and elsewhere, governance and regulation, sport economics, and much more.
The Sport Management, Governance and Policy programme at Birkbeck, University of London is ideally suited to the needs of executives within sport organisations, including regulatory and governing bodies, those who work in central and local government, those with responsibilities in the sport and leisure fields, members of supporter organisations and other local, regional and national sport organisations. It will also appeal to those with a general interest in the sport and media industries.
- The Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management.
- Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
- Linked to Birkbeck's Sport Business Centre, one of the world's leading centres for sport business and football research, teaching, training, consultancy and policy advice.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
Careers and Employability
Graduates can pursue careers in the governance function for sport governing bodies, professional sport clubs such as football clubs, and for public bodies involved in the administration of sport policy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Corporate Governance
- International Sport Law
- Research Methods in Management (Postgraduate)
- Sport Economics and the Design of Competitions
- Sport Governance
- Sport in Society
- Sport Policy and Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesSports Management Public Policy Political Science View 319 other Masters in Public Policy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Our standard postgraduate entry requirement is a second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university, or an equivalent international qualification.
- We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18780 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18780 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12180 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12180 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.