This includes recent research in child development and contemporary issues in psychodynamic or Jungian analytic theory. You will also be taught research methods and complete an empirical or theoretical dissertation.
This Psychodynamics of Human Development programme at Birkbeck, University of London is designed to provide professional and personal development for those working in settings such as community care, counselling, social services, primary care, mental health and education. It is a foundation, including accredited infant observation, for those considering psychotherapy training and it fulfils the entry requirements for a Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy Doctorate.
- A valuable opportunity to combine the knowledge of practising clinicians from a leading psychotherapy training institution with the research expertise of an internationally recognised university department.
- The infant observation component provides experiential learning that can be accredited for psychotherapy training.
- Choose between psychoanalytic and Jungian analytic approaches.
Careers and Employability
Graduates can pursue careers in psychotherapy, psychology and education. They can also apply for training in child and adolescent psychotherapy, adult psychoanalytic psychotherapy or Jungian analytic psychotherapy. Possible professions include psychotherapist, clinical psychologist or further education lecturer. This degree may also be useful in becoming an educational psychologist or careers adviser.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dissertation MSc Psychodynamics of Human Development
- Infant Observation
- Psychoanalytic or Jungian Analytic Theory
- Work Discussion
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesPsychology Physiotherapy View 803 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Experience of working with children, adults or families is an advantage.
- Our standard postgraduate entry requirement for international students is a second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university or an equivalent international qualification.
- We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively.
- We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
- On your application form, please list all your relevant qualifications and experience, including those you expect to achieve.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9690 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9690 GBP per year during 24 months.
National6660 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6660 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.