Are you a graduate from a related field such as psychology, linguistics, health sciences or education? The Master of Speech Language Therapy Practice from University of Auckland is a New Zealand Speech-language Therapy Association accredited qualification. It is designed to provide you with the necessary specialist skills and experience to practise as a Speech Language Therapist in New Zealand and overseas.
You will study a range of subject areas including anatomy, physiology, linguistics and acoustics, and learn to apply theory to clinical practice. Students learn to use a range of approaches and technologies to assess, diagnose and treat communication and swallowing disorders.
Speech-language therapists are needed in health and education positions throughout New Zealand. As a result of an ageing population, therapists are in steady demand to help patients with impaired language function due to neurological conditions such as stroke and Parkinson’s disease.
Therapists also work with adults and children who have swallowing and communication difficulties.
Jobs related to this programme
- Speech-language therapist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Linguistics for Speech Language Therapy
- Anatomy and Physiology for Speech Language Therapy
- Speech Language Therapy Clinical Practicum
- Dysphagia (e-learning)
- Communication Difficulties in Children
- Communication Disorders in Adults
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Linguistics Clinical Psychology View 41 other Masters in Linguistics in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You must have completed a bachelors degree with a GPA of 4.0 in 75 points at Stage III or 700-level in approved subject areas. Approved subject areas include education, psychology, linguistics and health sciences.
- All shortlisted candidates will be interviewed as part of the assessment process. Typically interviews are scheduled in the last week of October and throughout November. Successful applicants are advised in December/January.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31960 USD per year during 24 months.
National6861 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6861 USD per year during 24 months.
- Domestic: NZ$9,565.20
- International: NZ$44,526
Living costs for Auckland
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.