This International Development program from The University of Western Australia engages you with the contemporary challenges of addressing poverty and inequality globally through an emphasis on empirical evidence, real-world case studies, and debates. You‘ll develop the knowledge and skills to approach practical and policy challenges in a wide range of contexts by drawing on expertise from development geographers, political scientists, resource economists and development practitioners.
You'll be well positioned to pursue a career with aid agencies, government, non-government organisations, and international research institutions, such as the FAO and United Nations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Sustainable Development Goals
- Migration and Development
- Development Practice
- Place-based and Participatory Development
- NGOs, Governance and Development
- Global Development Debates
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Public Policy View 40 other Masters in International Development in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 083850D
To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have—
- a Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA; and
- the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 50 per cent; or
- at least two years of professional experience in international development; or
- Significant work experience including at least 5 years with a material level of responsibility.
International51200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 76800 AUD for the full programme during 18 months.
National Commonwealth supported students: $8,747.06
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.