With infectious diseases on the rise, now more than ever there is a greater demand for research into the management of these diseases. The Master of Infectious Diseases provides you with the knowledge and skills to accurately identify pathogens and develop policies for the prevention and immunity of infectious diseases.
The course is aimed at science-based and medical professionals intending to work in research and hospital diagnostic laboratories, medical clinics, government health departments and international agencies.
The Master of Infectious Diseases from The University of Western Australia offers advanced training in the field of infectious diseases including topics in medical microbiology, tropical infectious diseases and public and environmental health microbiology. It also includes an individual research project or a practicum.
This course is aimed at science-based and medical professionals intending to work in research and hospital diagnostic laboratories, medical clinics, government health departments and international agencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Infectious Diseases
- Mycology and Parasitology
- Molecular and Cellular Microbiology
- Diagnostic Medical Microbiology
- Principles of Infection and Immunity
- Molecular Epidemiology and Microbial Communities
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Public Health Human Medicine View 216 other Masters in Public Health in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 107726F
To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have—
- a relevant bachelor's degree, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA; and
- the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 60 per cent in the Level 3 units; or
- at least three years of relevant full-time professional experience; or
- evidence of adequate research outputs, as recognised by UWA. And
- for students who have completed 48 points of the Graduate Diploma in Infectious Diseases, a course UWA weighted average mark of at least 60 percent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 85600 AUD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National Commonwealth supported students: $8,747.06
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.