Drawing upon the Department of Management's areas of research expertise, this programme provides a solid grounding in key aspects of business and management while allowing you to specialise through a range of option modules focusing on business strategy and the environment.
You will gain a broad knowledge and expertise in the design and implementation of strategy at different levels of the corporate organisation and of other types of organisation such as public, not-for-profit and cooperative. Specialist options provide an overview of key environmental issues that can have an impact on business strategy, such as energy technologies and climate change.
You will then use your critical analysis and independent judgement skills to write a dissertation setting out solutions to complex managerial problems in all types of organisation.
This Master's Management with Business Strategy and the Environment programme at Birkbeck, University of London differs from the typical MBA in that it covers fewer subjects but in more depth. You will learn more than just the current management fashions and buzzwords: you will also learn about the evidence upon which management theories are based.
Careers and Employability
Graduates can pursue careers in management, including local and national government, business and industry. Possible professions include chartered management accountant, management consultant, or risk manager. This degree can also be useful in becoming a systems analyst, retail manager, or logistics and distribution manager.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Organization and Management
- Research Methods in Management
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Leadership and Performance Management
- Perspectives on Organization
- Principles of Marketing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Strategic Management Environmental Management View 180 other Masters in Strategic Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Our standard postgraduate entry requirement for international students is a second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university or an equivalent international qualification.
- We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively.
- We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
- On your application form, please list all your relevant qualifications and experience, including those you expect to achieve.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17850 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA11550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.