In today’s healthcare education system, many involved in teaching are practising clinicians who require training as managers, teachers or policymakers.
The Health Professions Education - Coursework and Dissertation course from The University of Western Australia is designed to advance the skills of our healthcare educators by imparting a deeper understanding of issues around leadership, education, research and primary care to deliver the highest standard of medical and healthcare education.
Health Professions Education fosters interdisciplinary discussion and collaboration and is designed to suit a range of health professionals who seek to develop their knowledge and skills in health professional education. Fundamental issues in health professional education are addressed and a range of options in the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences and the Faculty of Education are offered. Students can also pursue a particular area of research interest within health professional education.
Graduates of this programme have forged exciting careers as educators, researchers, practitioners and clinicians, and have worked across diverse fields and industries including higher education institutes, public regulatory bodies, and community and healthcare service organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Teaching and Learning
- Principles of Assessment and Evaluation
- Research in Health Professions Education
- Clinical Teaching and Supervision
- Innovation and Contemporary Issues in Health Professions Education
- Simulation and Interprofessional Learning in Health Professions Education
- Program Evaluation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Human Medicine Health Sciences View 393 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 058208E
To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have—
- a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA; or
- a bachelor's degree in a health, biomedical or biological sciences-related discipline, or an equivalent qualification; and
- at least one year of relevant professional experience; or
- completed the Graduate Certificate in Health Professions Education or Graduate Diploma in Health Professions Education at UWA; and
- the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 65 per cent in all core units.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International40700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61050 AUD for the full programme during 18 months.
National Commonwealth supported students: $8,747.06
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.