About The Course
You will learn about a wide range of legal considerations across the mining, energy and resources sector, as well as gaining the necessary technical knowledge, such as how petroleum is produced or how iron ore is mined. You will benefit from a comprehensive and multifaceted understanding of the industry.
The Commercial and Resources Law course from The University of Western Australia is available for law and non-law graduates and is ideal for those looking to expand their knowledge of or seek a new career in the mining, energy and natural resources sector.
Topics covered may include international investment in mineral resources, oil and gas law (locally and globally), corporate governance in the resources sector, climate change, agreements, project developments, mining law, environmental law and more.
This course prepares you for a career in the mining, energy and resources sector. For students with a prior non-law undergraduate degree, the Master of Commercial and Resources Law provides useful knowledge of the law and valuable understanding of important legal considerations relating to large-scale resources-related projects.
Students who have a prior law degree (as well as the necessary Practical Legal Training) may use the complementary knowledge gained in this course to act as Special Counsel/Executive Counsel in resources companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Corporate Governance for Resources Companies
- Foundations of Law and Governance
- International Trade Financing
- Resource Taxation
- Foundations of International Commercial Law
- International Sales Law
- International Shipping Law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Throughout the year
DisciplinesEconomics Public Law Natural Resource Management View 114 other Masters in Economics in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a Juris Doctor or Bachelor of Laws, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA;
- a bachelor's degree in a cognate area, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA
- the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 65 per cent;
- a bachelor's degree, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA
- the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 65 per cent
- at least two years of relevant professional experience
- completed 24 points of the Graduate Diploma in Commercial and Resources Law of this University with a UWA weighted average mark of at least 60 per cent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International39500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39500 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
National32800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32800 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Scholarships are available to students from a diverse range of backgrounds, including academic achievement, financial need, educational disadvantage, leadership and community service, artistic or sporting achievements, and being from a rural or remote area.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.