The ability to turn data into information, knowledge and innovative products is a skill in high demand within industry.
By completing a strong core of Computer Science and Statistics courses, you will gain a unique combination of skills in Data Science and be able to comprehend, process and manage data effectively to extract value from it.
Graduates will be critical, reflective practitioners able to pursue professional goals and further postgraduate study.
Master of Data Science is offered at University of Auckland .
With the current demand for continued professional development in this area, this advanced qualification will help you to develop your data science skills to become well-positioned to pursue employment in the data science industry.
Jobs related to this programme
- Big data solutions architect
- Business analyst
- Data mining engineer
- Data scientist
- Digital product designer
- Machine learning engineer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Big Data Management
- Datamining and Machine Learning
- Advanced Regression Methodology
- Advanced Data Science Practice
- Topics in Official Statistics
- Statistical Inference
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
180 or 240
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 20 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Auckland and/or in New Zealand, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You must have completed an undergraduate science degree at a recognised university (or similar institution) in a relevant discipline with a Grade Point Equivalent of 4.5.
- Relevant disciplines include data science, or a mixture of computer science and statistics. A minimum amount of study in a relevant discipline is required - this would be at least a major, field of study, or approximately 30 percent of your degree, including a mix of introductory and advanced courses.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27034 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27034 USD per year
National5808 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5808 USD per year
- Domestic: NZ$9,996
- International: NZ$46,525 – $46,752
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.