In an age of rapid technological development, Operations Research is an essential field. Offered with the Faculty of Science, this Master of Operations Research from University of Auckland is open to students with undergraduate backgrounds in arts, commerce, engineering or science.
The graduates are in return, versatile. This research qualification develops your ability to solve problems, think critically, and adopt the fundamentals of the field: minimise risk, make organisations more effective, and ultimately, respond to ongoing demand in both public and private sectors.
Operations Research is an extensive, multidisciplinary field, allowing you to work in a variety of industries, particularly where big data is prominent – future career possibilities may even be tailored to your personal interests. Your advanced skills in self-directed research will additionally provide confidence to adapt to any new applications that may arise.
Jobs related to this programme
- Business analyst
- Continuous improvement manager
- Data scientist
- Energy modelling analyst
- Project Engineer
- Senior consultant
- Software developer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- There are four options to complete a MORAn to suit your learning and career needs. Each option involves a thesis or research project, as well as courses to cover the following topics: Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, Operations Research, and Time Series Analytics.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
120 or 180
DisciplinesEconomics Project Management General Engineering & Technology View 10 other Masters in Project Management in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You must have completed one year of postgraduate study, following an undergraduate degree, at a recognised university (or similar institution) with a GPE of 5.0.
- Your degree must have been in engineering, arts, science, or commerce, with an advanced-level course in linear programming. Competence in statistics is also required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31960 USD per year during 12 months.
National6504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6504 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: NZ$9,060 – $10,650
- International: NZ$44,526
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.