You will be prepared to develop or enhance a career as a chartered town planner in a rapidly changing world. Choose to take this MSc Planning programme at University of Plymouth either full-time over one year or part-time over two years.
- Develop broad-based, multidisciplinary and cross-professional approaches to place making and the planning and management of the built and physical environment for sustainable development.
- Deepen your understanding through specialist options.
- Explore planning issues of particular relevance to south-west England, set within the context of national and international experience.
- Expand your skills through applied and experiential learning, including fieldwork, practicals, case studies, role play, debates and engagement with professional practitioners.
- Benefit from a supportive learning environment with an emphasis on small-group teaching and high levels of staff-student interaction.
- Fully accredited by the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
- Develop the key skills and professionalism to prepare you for an effective contribution to the workplace, including lifelong learning and preparation for the RTPI’s Assessment of Professional Competence (APC).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Issues and Values in Planning Practice
- Spatial Planning and Sustainable Development
- Environmental knowledge from field to stakeholder
- Development Management and Delivery
- Urban Design: theories, methodologies and practice
- Coastal Urban Regeneration
- Rural Planning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications can usually be made throughout the year, and are considered until programmes are full.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Urban Planning View 136 other Masters in Urban Planning in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
UK / EU
- You require the minimum of a second class honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (planning, geography, architecture, sociology or environmental science).
- If you have no formal qualifications, but do have relevant work experience, you may still be considered and are encouraged to enquire about your suitability.
- If you are an overseas applicant, you can check the comparability of your qualifications with the UK equivalent through NARIC, who provide an advisory service.
We welcome applicants with international qualifications.
If your first language is not English, then evidence of English proficiency is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16800 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9950 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Part time (Home) £550 per 10 credits
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.