Studying this MFA Performance Training programme at University of Plymouth , you’ll develop the confidence and ability to understand and analyse the nature of performance within a thriving artistic and research community. You’ll also undertake a major placement with a theatre/performance company or arts organisation to enhance your professional development.
- Take advantage of our stunning, new, multi-million pound, purpose-built performing arts facility, The House.
- Work in a vibrant interdisciplinary arts and research community where you’ll mix with staff and students from across the arts faculty creating opportunities for collaborative performance and practice-based research. This includes colleagues from areas such as theatre and performance, dance, music and creative writing.
- Benefit from mentorship and teaching by highly skilled practitioners and scholars.
- Undertake a major placement with a theatre/performance company or arts organisation that will enhance your professional development and inform your studies and creative practice.
- Engage with Plymouth’s vibrant theatre and performance scene with The Arts Institute, Theatre Royal Plymouth and Barbican Theatre Plymouth, alongside events and workshops arranged by the department itself. In the past visitors have included included Action Hero, Low Profile, John Nettles, Wildworks, Lone Twin, Earthfall and Robert Lyons.
Careers with this subject:
You’ll acquire a more sophisticated ability to reflect critically on performance practice, allowing you to realise your potential as a practical scholar. You’ll also undertake a major placement with a theatre/performance company or arts organisation to enhance your professional development.
Graduate destinations include freelance opportunities as actors, performers, directors and workshop leaders; theatre and performance community practitioners or researchers; creative producers; entrepreneurial and business-related activites; and further postgraduate studies (such as PhDs).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Researching Performance
- Training Processes: Doing
- Training Processes:Making
- Choreography Lab 2: Choreographic Process and Development
- Philosophies of Training
- Final Major Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications can usually be made throughout the year, and are considered until programmes are full.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 361 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You’ll need a good 2:1 or first class honours degree in an appropriate subject (e.g. theatre and performance, drama, dance, live or fine art, performance writing, etc.) or equivalent (for instance, you may have studied something else as an undergraduate but have established an artistic practice since then).
- You will also need to provide evidence that you are ready to pursue the project you propose in your application. This will take the form of a sample of critical writing, and if relevant, documentation of relevant creative or professional practice.
- If English is not your first language, you must have proficiency in written and spoken English (normally a minimum test score of 6.5 for IELTS, or equivalent).
- We welcome applicants with international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15700 GBP per year during 24 months.
National8300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8300 GBP per year during 24 months.
Placement (60 credits)£900
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.