This qualification is relevant to those working in a wide range of education areas. It provides the opportunity to review, inform and improve your knowledge and professional practice. You will develop knowledge, skills and experience in critiquing and undertaking educational research in your area of interest to enhance your practice.
Through an independent inquiry under supervision from high-calibre experts within the faculty, you can contribute valuable knowledge and understanding to the field of education. This Master of Education from University of Auckland is a research masters programme with a 120-point and a 180-point option available.
Through coursework and research, you will have the opportunity to contribute valuable knowledge and understanding to your own work, your workplace and the field of education. This qualification can also provide the foundations for doctoral study.
Jobs related to this programme
- Communities of Learning (CoLs) leader
- Education sector leader
- Human resources practitioner
- Researcher (education)
- School centre manager or specialist
- Trainer in organisations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Special Topic: Research Methods in Language Education
- Researching Educational Settings
- Researching Māori Education
- Practitioner Inquiry
- Literacy Education: Research and Practice
- Critical Research Methodologies in Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
120 or 180
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 31 other Masters in Teaching in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Research 120 points
- You must have completed one year of postgraduate study in education, following an undergraduate degree, from a recognised university (or similar institution) with a GPE of 5.0.
Research 180 points
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree in education at a recognised university (or similar institution) with a GPE of 5.0, or an equivalent qualification recognised for teacher registration.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25159 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25159 USD per year during 12 months.
National5586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5586 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: NZ$7,782 – $7,934.40
- International: NZ$35,048
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.