Tailor-made for working professionals, this flexible masters attracts graduates who are already working in the teaching, counselling, nursing, social work or other related professions and want to become a counsellor or to advance their counselling qualification.
This Master of Counselling from University of Auckland provides opportunities to examine and develop the inter-related components essential to effective counselling practice – theory, research, advanced skills and reflexivity.
If you are a teacher, social worker or professional in a related field, this programme will enable you to become a professional counsellor.
If you are an experienced counsellor, the Master of Counselling will provide you with an opportunity to advance your skills and research capabilities and gain a highly regarded postgraduate qualification.
This programme is suitable for experienced and aspiring individuals who are looking to both broaden and advance their careers as counselling professionals.
Jobs related to this programme
- Counsellor in community settings
- Counsellor in government agencies (such as ACC, Corrections Department)
- Counsellor in private practice
- Counsellor in schools, and other secondary and tertiary settings
- Health and welfare services counsellor
- Human resource counsellor
- Not-for-profit agency counsellor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Counselling Laboratory
- The Counselling Process
- Cultural Issues in Counselling
- Professional Issues in Counselling
- Research and Counselling
- Critical Issues in Counselling Supervision
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
120 or 240
DisciplinesSchool Counselling Counselling Psychology View 11 other Masters in School Counselling in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Research 120 points
- You must have completed one year of postgraduate study in counselling or counselling theory, following an undergraduate degree, at a recognised university (or similar institution). You will need a GPE of 5.0 in the most advanced courses taken.
Research 240 points
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree in education, counselling, nursing, social work or similar profession. Your study must have been at a recognised university (or similar institution) and you will need a GPE of 5.0 in the most advanced courses taken.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25159 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25159 USD per year during 12 months.
National5586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5586 USD per year during 12 months.
- National: NZ$7,782 – $7,934.40
- International: NZ$35,048
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.