The Master's degree in International Management at Birkbeck, University of London examines the essentials of cross-border management theory and practice, and the core principles and practice of business and organisations in an international context. You will gain a broad knowledge and expertise in the design and implementation of strategy at different levels of the corporate organisation, particularly in an international dimension.
A range of option modules in international business and management as well as specific functional areas allow you to tailor your studies to your own personal or career requirements. You will then use your critical analysis and independent judgement skills to write a dissertation framing solutions to complex managerial problems in international business organisations.
The programme also allows you to develop personal and generic skills that are transferable to a wide range of research, teaching and work situations, including the skills of self-discipline, reflection, analysis, communication, leadership and lifelong learning.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management.
- Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals. We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- Distinct from other international management programmes because it promotes an interdisciplinary connection with the international business field, including strategy, and the opportunity to develop expertise in a range of functional areas of international management, such as human resource management, marketing and finance.
- Profits from the expertise of Birkbeck's International Business and Strategy Research Group, a leading centre for research, training and policy advice.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available, as well as the Birkbeck Library and e-Library.
Careers and Employability
Graduates can pursue careers in business, management, human resources, and local and national government. Possible professions include management consultant, human resources officer, or retail manager. This degree can also be useful in becoming a logistics and distribution manager or operational researcher.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Economics for Managers
- International Business Strategy
- International Human Resource Management
- International Marketing
- Multinational Financial Management
- Principles of Organization and Management
- Research Methods in Management (Postgraduate)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Management, Organisation & Leadership International Business View 427 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Our standard postgraduate entry requirement is a second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university, or an equivalent international qualification.
- We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
- On your application form, please list all your relevant qualifications and experience, including those you expect to achieve.
- You do not need to have completed your current qualification to start your application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17850 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA11550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.