If you already have experience of working in the IT industry, the Information Technology programme at Birkbeck, University of London provides opportunities for broadening and deepening your knowledge and skills; if you do not have previous experience, it provides a platform for a career in the IT industry.
You will reach an advanced level of understanding of computers, computing, software development, and how to design and implement software systems. The programme also covers the use of information systems in organisations, and the management of IT and information systems, and you will gain skills and knowledge in problem analysis, evaluation of technology options, systems development, technology-driven organisational change and technology-based innovation.
Careers and Employability
Graduates go on to careers in information systems development and management, consultancy and research. Possible professions include information systems manager, IT consultant, or systems analyst. This degree can also be useful in becoming a researcher, database administrator, or IT trainer.
- Information Systems
- Applied Software Engineering
- Database Management
- Digital Creativity and New Media Management
- Information and Network Security
- Innovation: Management and Policy
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Informatics & Information Technology Engineering Management View 239 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Birkbeck, University of London and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
A second-class honours degree or equivalent. Applicants with less than the required level of academic qualification may be considered if they have significant relevant experience in IT/management.
- Applicants who hold either a first degree in computing or have five years of IT experience are strongly recommended to follow the Information Systems Management (ISM) pathway of this course as the general IT course may be of low relevance for such applicants.
- Apply now to secure your place. The earlier you apply, the sooner your application can be considered and you can enrol. You do not need to have completed your current qualification to start your application.
- Your personal details
- Your qualifications
- Your work experience
- Your personal statement
- Statistical information
- English proficiency
The application form
International16380 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16380 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9570 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9570 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Part-time home students: £4785 pa
- Part-time international students: £8190 pa
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.