Grounded in theory, research and practice, the programme will develop your critical thinking skills to improve HR management and processes in organisations. You will gain an overview of UK, international and comparative issues related to people management, and explore challenges involved in the design, implementation and evaluation of HRM strategy and practices.
The Human Resource Management programme at Birkbeck, University of London is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and upon successful completion, you will be an Associate Member of the CIPD with the option to upgrade to Chartered Member or Chartered Fellow, provided you have relevant work experience. Those with a recognised undergraduate honours degree in a social sciences or business-related discipline or professionals with suitable qualifications and significant working experience will be eligible for the MSc Human Resource Management.
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
- This course is one of two Master's degrees offered by the Department of Organizational Psychology specialising in the discipline of human resources (find out which HR degree to take).
- Programme- and module-specific materials will be made available to support your learning.
Careers and Employability
Graduates go in to careers in management, human resources, training and development, and consultancy. Possible professions include human resources officer or management consultant. This degree may also be useful in becoming a retail manager or logistics and distribution manager.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Comparative Employment Relations
- Human Resource Strategies
- International Human Resource Management
- Leadership and Performance Management
- Leading and Developing People
- Professional Development and Learning
- Research Methods
- Selection and Assessment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Human Resource Management View 1343 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A second-class honours degree, or equivalent, in social sciences or a business-related discipline. Alternatively, suitable professional qualifications and at least five years' significant management experience.
- Management development professionals and consultants without a first degree but with suitable professional qualifications and at least five years' significant management experience in a range of organisations may be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9450 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.