Social Research (Part-time) course at Birkbeck, University of London is an emphasis on applying research techniques, including interviewing, focus groups and data analysis using SPSS. Epistemological issues in designing research projects are also addressed.
- Provides a rigorous training in quantitative and qualitative social research methods.
- Exemplifies methods with a wide range of interesting examples from topical areas of social research.
- Introduces freely available quantitative datasets and illustrates how they can be used in addressing research questions.
Graduates go into research roles in government departments, think tanks, NGOs, the Civil Service and political parties. Possible professions include social researcher, government social researcher, or human resources officer. This Social Research course at Birkbeck, University of London may also be useful in becoming a higher education lecturer or politician’s assistant.
- Advanced Topics in Quantitative Social Research
- Applied Social Data Analysis in R
- Experiments in Social Science
- Quantitative Social Research
- Qualitative Research Design
- Qualitative Social Research Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you enough time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesSociology Educational Research Cognitive Sciences View 567 other Masters in Sociology in United Kingdom
- A second-class honours degree (2:2) or above in a social science or other relevant subject. Other qualifications may also be considered.
- On your application form, please list all your relevant qualifications and experience, including those you expect to achieve.
- Your personal details
- Your qualifications
- Your work experience
- Your personal statement
- Statistical information
- English proficiency
- The application form
International5460 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5460 GBP per year during 12 months.
National3010 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3010 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.