The MSc Healthcare Management, Leadership and Innovation programme at University of Plymouth is designed to be a highly flexible entry into management within the health and care service, whether your interests lie in leadership, quality improvement, innovation methodology, organisation development, patient safety, or education.
- Choose to study part-time (usually over three years) – if you wish to study at your own pace, then this inter-professional and highly flexible programme is for you as you can choose to take breaks between modules according to the demands of your busy personal and professional life.
- Benefit from flexible learning. There are a number of continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities relating to this programme where a single module or specific days within a module may be taken independently.
- Improve your leadership and management skills – develop your knowledge and abilities as a leader, manager and innovative thinker, appropriate if you are a doctor, dentist, manager or a healthcare professional working in a care environment.
- A blended learning approach with face-to-face sessions, access to interactive materials, electronic learning environment and tutorial support.
- Equip yourself with the skills to plan and conduct a full masters dissertation.
- Choose whether to substitute the research-based dissertation project with a professional or quality improvement project that is directly relevant to the service area in which you work.
- APEL (Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning) is available as an option. For example, if you have completed the Plymouth/Bristol Professional and Generic Skills programme, you may use this in place of the Foundation module.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundation in Healthcare Management, Leadership & Innovation
- Organisation Development and Culture
- Advanced Healthcare Management Leadership and Innovation
- Project Design, Development and Knowledge Transfer
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications for postgraduate programmes of study can usually be made throughout the year.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration View 450 other Masters in Health Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
A recognised first degree or equivalent will be required.
- Entrants who have acquired experience through work or other means that enables staff responsible for admissions to be confident of the candidate’s ability to succeed in the programme may also be considered, in line with QAA guidance.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5400 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5400 GBP per module during 36 months.
National3250 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3250 GBP per module during 36 months.
- All fees are published per 60 credits. A full MSc represents 180 credits.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.