The Acoustics and Music Technology programme at The University of Edinburgh aims to:
- provide a broadly based, scientifically-oriented foundation in the area of acoustics, audio, and music technology
- develop your skills in research, computation, design and analytical problem-solving
- give you a strong understanding of music/audio technology
- create a multidisciplinary learning environment that will prepare you for a future career
In successfully completing this cross-disciplinary programme, you will gain and develop skills in the areas of:
- audio technology
As a graduate, you will have a thorough understanding of the appropriate technologies and the science underlying these areas.
A knowledge of the science behind music and audio technology will prove a great asset for your career in acoustics or audio engineering.
The highly transferable skills you’ll gain in communication and project management will take you further along whichever career path you choose.
The programme will also provide you with the perfect foundation for further study if you’d prefer to continue on an academic path.
The MSc is taught by a combination of:
- practical work
Assessment and dissertation
Courses are assessed through a combination of report submissions and written examinations.
In the final three months of the programme, you will carry out an individual project. This is assessed by the submission of a dissertation.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply at least one month prior to entry so that we have enough time to process your application.
DisciplinesMusic Sound Engineering View 248 other Masters in Music in United Kingdom
- A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent in a numerate discipline such as Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Applicants with a Music or Music Technology degree may be considered, provided there is a significant component of mathematics and/or physics.
- If you do not meet the academic entry requirements, we may still consider your application if you have professional experience; please contact us to check before you apply.
International26300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home: £6,700
- International/EU - £13,150
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.