Technological change and the digital economy raise new economic and managerial challenges for businesses and public and private sector organisations. Birkbeck is a centre for excellence in research and inspirational teaching in business innovation.
This postgraduate degree in Business Innovation with International Technology Management at Birkbeck, University of London , with a special focus on international technology management, is designed to help you understand the importance of innovation for rethinking management, business strategy, corporate assets, intellectual property rights, institutions, organisations, firms, entrepreneurship and globalisation in a changing world.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management.
- Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals. We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- The programme is supported and informed by the cutting-edge research and professional expertise of our Centre for Innovation Management Research.
- Many Birkbeck students work in, or have professional experience, in the industries under consideration. This provides strong networking opportunities with fellow students and Birkbeck alumni, with potentially beneficial impacts on your career development.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available, as well as the Birkbeck Library and e-Library.
Careers and Employability
Graduates can pursue careers in management, business, industry, and policy-making. Possible professions include human resources officer, management consultant, or operational researcher. This degree can also be useful in becoming a logistics and distribution manager, marketing executive, or systems analyst.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Globalization: forces, players and management
- Innovation Systems: Networks and Social Capital
- Innovation: Management and Policy
- International Business Strategy
- Principles of Organization and Management
- Research Methods in Management (Postgraduate)
- The Dynamics of Global Capitalism: Theory and Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership Technology Management View 99 other Masters in Technology Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Our standard postgraduate entry requirement is a second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university, or an equivalent international qualification.
- We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
- On your application form, please list all your relevant qualifications and experience, including those you expect to achieve.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18780 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18780 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12180 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12180 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.