The Childhood and Youth programme from The Open University UK would be particularly relevant for those working with, or aspiring to work with, children and young people, as well as those who want to advance academically and professionally.
Key features of the course
- Equips you with the critical tools to analyse policy and to reflect on your own practice
- Designed to help you develop professionally and meet the diverse and changing needs of children and young people
- A strong focus on multi-agency working and inter-professional practice
- Offers a choice between a short research project or literature review
This MA course will be attractive to professionals working with children and young people who are graduates and seeking to advance academically and professionally, as well as those with a related degree but not currently working with children and young people who are looking to move into the profession, and people considering moving between professions within the sector. It should also be of interest to people in a managerial or supervisory role, to senior members of the workforce, and those seeking to move into senior or managerial positions.
This MA in Childhood and Youth will have a strong appeal for students who have completed the BA (Hons) in Childhood and Youth Studies, BA (Hons) Early Years or Early Childhood, BA (Hons) Education Studies (Primary) or the BA/BSc (Hons) in Health and Social Care. The content of the qualification will be relevant to graduates working in early years provision, education, social work, nursing, healthcare, youth work, youth justice and the voluntary sector including charities and NGOs. You should ensure that you check entry requirements for specific professional areas before embarking on study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Children and young people's worlds: frameworks for integrated practice
- Critical practice with children and young people
- Continuing professional development in practice
- Critical issues in equity, diversity and education practice
- Development: context and practice
- Educational leadership: context, strategy and collaboration
- Leading professional practice in education
- Understanding children's development and learning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Family & Consumer Science Special Education View 30 other Masters in Special Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You must have a bachelors degree from a UK university (or equivalent) to study this course.
- Your degree can be in any subject, although childhood and youth studies, sociology, health and social care, anthropology, psychology or education are particularly relevant.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9720 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA3240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9720 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.